Promoting Health Through Service and Education
WHO WE ARE
Cambodian Health Professionals Association of America (CHPAA) is a nonprofit organization that is exclusively humanitarian, working to promote health and social well-being through ongoing service and education to medically underserved Cambodians living in both the United States and Cambodia.
How can you help?
To maintain on-going success, CHPAA will rely on generous support from our sponsors. Please consider donating today.
- $100 Provides complete course of antibiotic therapy for 45 patients, or a month of pain therapy for 60 patients
- $200 Provides six months of crucial vitamins to 40 children, or nine months of prenatal vitamins to 30 women
- $300 Provides 500 pairs of eyeglasses or 900 toothbrushes
- $400 Provides materials for 5 general surgeries or 8 cataract surgeries
- $500 Provides a dental unit that can perform 180 dental fillings or 300 extractions in a week
- $1000 Provides two pallets of medications that are not available to the underserved in Cambodia.
WHAT WE DO
— We Strengthen
We strengthen community by promoting healthy lifestyles, regular check-up, and education to local Cambodians and other ethnic groups. Providing communities and individuals with information about the US healthcare system.
— We Build Networks
We maintain an ongoing network of healthcare professionals in the US. Maintaining an ongoing network with healthcare professionals in Cambodia. We nurture and support the development of CHPAA volunteers. We build community bonding through local cultural events and galas.
— We Mentor
We offer locals junior highs, high schools, and universities students an opportunity to volunteer and serve their community. We mentor local Cambodian-American students entering the healthcare professions. 100 percent of our volunteering students have been accepted to graduate school.
— We Conduct Missions
We conduct annual medical, surgical, and dental mission to Cambodia to provide medical care services and education free of charge to the under-served Cambodian population . We have completed 9 missions and about to start our 10th Mission to Kampong Speu Province, Cambodia in January 2020.
—We Provide Scholarship
We provide scholarships to deserving students and volunteers pursuing careers in the healthcare field.
— We Organize Events
We organize local health events & fairs. We conduct fundraising, cultural events, and galas.
NEWS & EVENTS
We are grateful for your service!
Important Announcement !
- We are pleased to announce that the APPLICATION DEADLINE for CHPAA’s Medical, Surgical, and Dental Mission to Kampong Speu Province, Cambodia on January 8, 2020, has been extended to 11/23/19.
- CHPAA is also looking for volunteers in Cambodia to join our mission. Please download the volunteers in Cambodia form and email to Borin Manestitaya, CHPAA Cambodia students volunteer recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We hope to see you at the mission. Thank you!